Thursday, July 17, 2014

Got an early start

Got an early start today, was in the shed at 07:00. I knew I was going to be in for a long day so I wanted to get to it early before it got too warm. It took me almost 2 hours just to clean off the bottom & the keel with acetone. Had to do this to ensure there are no contaminants on the surface that'll affect the epoxy from sticking properly. Even oil from your hands can adversely affect the results.
I wanted to get the entire bottom & keel coated but it was hard going, up and down the friggin' step ladder just about wore me out.
By noon I was whipped. Stopped for some lunch (the Ole' Mummy made me Tuna Sammmichs). Went back to try to finish it off but it was too hot now. The epoxy was kicking off in the paint tray.
Should only take an hour or so tomorrow to finish off the stbd side then Wohoo! I get to start all over again! *Sign* If I recoat within 24 hours it's all good, no need to sand in between coats. Whew!

Plan B's battery is being charged. We're goin' for a boat ride on Saturday! Wohoo!
Good ole' Plan B, she's a mighty fine ship! I was worried the Jeep wouldn't be able to tow her! ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment