Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A bad day at home.....

is better than a good day at work! Correct? We've got some nasty weather heading in and I saw some clouds circling over the river! *shudder*

I booked the day off today so I could go see an Amish gentleman about some lumber. My carpool buddy Tim had just bought a huge stack of rough cut pine for his garden shed so I thought I'd give him a try too. Glad I did. For $420 US I can get all the lumber to build the Bow Shed. That would have easily set me back double that here in Good ole' Iroquois. Sorry boys, maybe next time!

For those that were wondering this is what a bow shed looks like.....



Photo: Far Reach Voyages dot com

We'll be pretty close to our estimate of $1K for the shed. :-)

The first load of fiberglass and sticky stuff (epoxy, 6 gallons) showed up today with a few other boxes of boat building supplies (solvent resistant paint rollers, chip brushes, fiberglass tape, pecan flour and a digital electronic scale).

I should be able to pick up the lumber in a couple of weeks. It's a special order to get in the 20' logs so it's to be expected. So that's about it, not much will happen around here for a couple of weeks. Standby.....

PS. My splicing experiment on the 1 X 3's worked but now I don't have to do it! :-) Will post a photo when the weather clears up. Standby to standby again....

PSS. Just did some online window shopping for the epoxy & fiberglass I'll need to complete the hull..... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment