Monday, July 2, 2012

August 4th. 2012 08:00 hrs

I don't normally like setting target dates but there are some milestones in this project that demand them.

The biggest task ahead is fiberglassing the outside of the hull while it's upside down. Before I took my tumble I had about half of the seams taped and then with a little sanding it'd be ready for fiberglass. I'm looking at where we are and where I thought I'd be and I'm about 6 months behind. Not that it's a race mind you it's just if I let it slip more the chances of getting the hull flipped this year are slim.

Soooooooooooo, long story short, I've decided Saturday August 4th. is the day to glass the hull. I'll be inviting some friends to help and have one volunteer (Thank You Mr. Lemonhands) so far. Everyone's welcome to come and help out even if it's only for an hour or two. No special skills required. Just wear clothes that you don't mind ruining! :-)

The process has to be done in one continuous operation from start to finish. With 4 or 5 extra pairs of hands I think we can have it done in 5-6 hrs.

So if you'd like to experience the thrill of fiberglassing a boat hull, c'mon over on Aug 4th. All helping hands will be well fed and watered for their troubles!


1 comment:

  1. Work parties are always fun! Plus, it's always good to learn how to do something on someone else's boat.

    ReplyDelete