Monday, April 3, 2017

Let the March Madness Begin!

Wow, that was one sucky winter! I'm glad we missed 4 weeks of it while in Mexico. I could have stayed another month at least! Duty called and I went back to work for the Gubment for the month of March. Still haven't gotten paid yet thanks to Phoenix but they're working on that.

I picked up a couple of 150 qt Igloo coolers. These things are huge!
Igloo 150 qt cooler
Planning on putting these under the benches in the cockpit. One to be used as a conventional cooler and the other likely for dry storage unless another need arises. At $77 Cdn Pesos's each they were a deal I couldn't pass up!

The newest member of our crew is growing like a bad weed! :-) Soon be reaching his first '6 month day'!
Connor
It would be nice of him to come visit his Grampy for the summer. I have some painting jobs in tight spaces he could help with! :-)

I follow a few other blogs and a new one popped up recently. The Sea Dreamer project. This one's not a Bateau or stitch & glue project but a 41' Diesel Duck! Definitely check it out. I'll be following closely.

Everybody wants to know when the boat will get launched. It's still years away folks. :-( All I can do is the best my broken down old body will allow me to do. If I were to venture a guess I'd say at least two more summers. Likely more. Everyone's welcome to come and help. Even if it's just to spend some time and shoot the shit. I'd appreciate the company. If you want to pitch in, cool. If not, that's Ok too.

First project this year will likely be to finish the rudder and get the running gear installed.

Standby...

No comments:

Post a Comment