Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Xmas Holidays are too short

and it's back to the salt mine tomorrow! *sigh* Oh well, only 3 days then another long weekend!

I picked up a slightly used sawdust collector thingy at the Pawn Shop in Prescott. Full retail on one of these is $270. I got it for $150. This should help keep the dust down in the shed. It's not overly noisy so that should keep the natives happy too!



Anybody know how to tie a split Turk's Head knot? I had a few kicks at it today to fill in the gaps where the spokes meet the rim. No luck. All I have to show for it is a big blister on my right index finger!



I was reading an experts page today and he said it took him a week to figure it out. It'd take an ijjit like me six months to get the first loop looking right! *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. The rest looks very nice. I'm sure the interweb will have a tutorial and you will do a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the posts! How is the build coming along? We're interested in hearing more at TrawlerBlogs.com

    ReplyDelete