Sunday, March 20, 2011

Now it's starting

to look a little like an actual workshop!



This is my nearly instant $100 work bench. Not even $100 actually probably closer to $85. The bases are standard steel shelving units from Lowes that I got on sale for $58 and the top is 3 - 2 x 8's and a 2 x 4 for backing. A couple bucks in bolts & nuts to hold the miter saw and vice on an Walla! Instant work bench. Both bases are securely fastened to the bow shed bows and it's a pretty solid work surface.

Mr. Snuffleupagus (AKA Snuffy the sawdust collector) works well! I made some more sawdust and it all just magically disappeared!



Update: Managed to get a lil' more organizin' done. Now I'll never be able to find anything! *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. It's looking good. Lets see some boat building now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye aye Kev! I'm givin' her my best shot. Ordered the materials for the strongback frame today. I'll build the assembly table first and stitch the long panels together. We'll all celebrate the first mix of epoxy & fiberglass with a toast! ;-)

    ReplyDelete