Monday, May 21, 2012

Maj. T.J. 'King' Kong


Major T. J. "King" Kong: Goldie, how many times have I told you guys that I don't want no horsing around on the airplane boat?

Just like my hero, Maj. Kong, who rode the nuke dropped on the rooskies I was ridin' the boat today! Yahoo! Boy was it hot too! 38 degs C this afternoon. Epoxy was cooking off in my hand before I could get it laid out.


Anyhow, before I got to that point I had to pull the last stitches from the hull/keel panels. :-) It's always nice getting your stitches out eh? While I was up there I measured for the depth sounder transducer hole. It's one of the kind that shoot through the hull but there can't be any core so I have to cut the hole then plastic it up while the hull gets fiberglassed. With the added fiberglass inside it'll work nicely right dead nuts in the center of the keel about 4" behind frame B and about 6' from the bow. We'll have a second transducer on the transom as well so we'll know depths fwd and stern.

Way too hot now to do anything else. I had planned to get the keel all taped but it's too hot. Telltale on the thermometer showed 43.5 degs C yesterday while we were out on the road. That's with the ventilation open and the fans going too! *Yikes*


No comments:

Post a Comment