Saturday, October 1, 2016

Boom - Fail

So my drastic 'backyard eyeball engineering' plan to use a home made boom to lift the engine into the boat doesn't appear to be workable.
Backyard Boom
I anchored it down this morning and took the full load of the engine. It will lift it, no problem, but there is way too much flex in the supporting cable etc. and I can't get it high enough to clear the side of the boat.

I'll likely tinker with the skeg this upcoming week but that's that for 2016. I'm tired and really need a break. My first Grandson will arrive sometime very soon and I'm going to focus on that.

It's been a good summer, shorter season that most. I got a lot done but not as much as I would have liked. Absolutely everything was a struggle. I admit I'm overwhelmed and it's looking more and more like this is going to turn into a 10 yr project. Not exactly what I had hoped for but it is what it is.

Thank you everyone who has visited our blog. We have a total of over 140K page views now. That in itself is encouraging. Spread the word. The more the merrier. I honestly do appreciate all your comments and try, when I can, incorporate all the good advice I get here and on the forums.

So until next spring.....feel free to stand down now.

No comments:

Post a Comment