Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Winter just won't let go!

Holy frig! Who's doing the 'Snow Dance' out there? Please stop!!! It's mid-April and we've got 6 inches of snow with half inch of ice on top of it! Enough already! *sigh* </rant>

Ok, got that out of my system.

With all the snow & rain the boat shed is flooded. It's a quagmire in there. I'll need 3-4 days of good weather to dry it all out. My buddy Andrew was by last week to help patch a blowout on the shed.

Andrew "Monkey Man' Miller patching yet another blow out on the shed.
Good thing for Andrew. He's been with me on this adventure since the start. I wish I could have him on the project all the time.

Sad day last week. We had to say Goodbye to our Project Director. Poor ole' Squirt had been suffering from the ill affects of kidney failure and other issues. We tried hard to keep him going but in the end we failed. Sorry Squirt. :-(

Squirt AKA The Project Director 2004-2018

I've got all the supplies I need to hit the road running on the boat this spring, weather permitting. Epoxy? Check! Fiberglass? Check! Wood Flour? Check! and the list goes on. First task however will be to get the engine off my trailer and into the shed. I should have the I-Beam braced & ready to lift the engine by Saturday. We'll see how mucky it is and if we can move the engine.

That's about it for now.

Standby....

No comments:

Post a Comment