Friday, August 20, 2010

Scrap Plan "B" go to Plan "C"

You can mix 100 batches of perfect epoxy but mess up just one batch and you're name is mud! I don't know what I did but I might have the pumps mixed up on my new epoxy because it wouldn't harden. It's that or the rain and working outside with epoxy don't mix. Anyhow, the search continued for some 20' strapping to make the bows and no luck anywhere so I bit the bullet and decided to try some glue and screws. There's this stuff called "Liquid Nails" which is amazing. I spliced a 4' section onto a 16' section with a 7" filler block to give me the length I needed. I made myself a handy jig to hold the material while I was gluing and screwing it! (Get your minds out of the gutter!)



The very first one I made seemed to work fine till I put it on the blocks to bend it and it immediately broke in the middle. Back to the drawing board. Attempt #2 went better. I wet the wood before I bent it which seemed to help a lot.



So after sweatin' it out in the heat I managed to put together my first "BOW"!



So the equation looks something like this.....

1 bow + 1 bow = 1 arch
9 arches = 1 shed

No comments:

Post a Comment