Wednesday, May 18, 2011

This boatbuilding stuff might

actually be healthy! I got a real work out tonight. Laying out the side panels I came up one panel short! Where the hell is it? The hunt is on. I find it mislabeled miscreant tucked in behind all the long bottom panels I just stacked up! *sigh* I tried to hold back all the panels with one hand while at the same time reaching in behind with the other to grab the piece I needed. Needless to say that didn't work. All 4 bottom panels have to weight at least 300 lbs. which by the way hurts like hell when you drop them on your shin! Doh!

Long story short, after a lot of huffin' and puffin' and gruntin' and groanin' I managed to liberate the AWOL panel and get both sides lined up on the table.



I'm going to get ultra lucky on these panels. The apex of the curve where I need to splice in the extension is exactly on an existing seam. It's about time something started to go my way! ;-) You can't beat a good set of plans though! I'm sure these will be totally worn out by the time I'm done.



I've had 'nuff for one night. Shower then puttin' my feet up. Guinness Time! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Pardon the pun, but it looks like it's really coming together!

    ReplyDelete