Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back at it in the shed.....

Lori & I glassed up the underside of the main cabin roof. Decided to do this when we have gravity working for us instead of when it's on the boat and having to work over our heads. This job took twice as long and used up double the epoxy I estimated. ;-( It is almost exactly 15 sq yds of fabric. I figured we used about 5 gallons of epoxy. It kinda puts in perspective what we'll be up against when we go to fiberglass the hull.


One of the other things I have to do this week is climb up on the shed and fix some holes and splits in the plastic. Apparently the Dr. Shrink tape is only good for a year.


All the stretching and shrinking from the heating and cooling makes the tape let go. Wind blown dirt, pollen and the crap from Canada Starch gets caught by the tape and it's useless after that. Oh well, I love shaky ladders! *sigh*