Saturday, September 7, 2013

So I'm having a little conversation

with Lori via Facebook chat. I happen to mention that she might have some extra shelf space left over. There's a silence. No response. Two minutes pass and I send her another message: "Did you fall off the chair darlin'?" Ok, still no response. I get the distinct feeling she's browsing the 'Joanne's Fabrics' web site for sales. Hmmmm? "You know, just 'cause you have more shelf space there's no need to run out and fill them up. Ya know?" "Dear?" Her response came about 5 mins later and was something like this: *giggle*

Anywho, this morning I finished the installation of the shelves. Sorta turned out the way I had envisioned them.

First step was mounting the shelf brackets I assembled and painted yesterday. Got them all nice & level & plumb with my handy dandy laser level. Sweet little tool.

I know it looks kinda weird. Sorta like half pine tree's with no needles! ;-) These got firmly screwed to the studs behind the drywall. There's no way they're coming off the wall!

Next the shelves went on. Pretty simple stuff. Only took a half hour or so. I remembered to turn the ceiling fan off this time! ;-)

I kinda like how they turned out. Pretty simple. Not fancy woodwork and all construction grade plywood and whatever paint I had left.

So I proceeded to unload everything I had stacked up on her sewing table to the shelves. It didn't take long to figure out there wasn't going to be a whole lot of shelf space left and she's still got tubs & tubs of stuff squirreled away to sort through.

Before:

After:
The cleared off Sewing table.


That's it for this project till the boss gets home and sorts it out. There's still some rearranging to be done in the corner opposite the sewing table. She has a 4 drawer dresser to go in there and I've got to figure out something for all her patterns. A trip to Joanne's or Michael's for storage boxes might be in order! *sigh*

I'd say this project too me roughly 6 days and about $250 in materials.