Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Boat building is a lot like

watching paint dry. Well more like watching epoxy cure to be exact. Who said this boat building thing was fun? I spent most of the Easter long weekend (4 days) waiting for epoxy to cure. I even stepped up the process by putting a tent over the splices and warming them with a small heater.

Here's one half of the main cabin roof getting flipped. I used my electric winch which worked perfectly. Essential when working alone I'd say.



I apologize for the crappiness of the photo.

The second half is underway and will be flipped tonight so I can glass the joints on the backside.

That's about it for now. I know, boring stuff. Sorry.

3 comments:

  1. Have a look on your camera to see if you can alter the white balance. It might override the the blue hue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked for that setting Kev, it's n iPhone and is pretty basic. Maybe it's time to spring on a good camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing to be sorry about, it is just part of building a boat. I like reading about it.

    Bill Kelleher

    ReplyDelete