Monday, September 5, 2011

The first part of Stitch & Glue

is the stitching! In this case it's not thread we're using it's heavy duty plastic wire ties.


Once I got around the entire hull stitching the panels together and getting them all lined up correctly I'll begin the second part of the procedure, the gluing. It'll be while before I get to that part though. Some of these panels have to be bent quite radically to get them into their final shape especially around the bow section.

Someone on the builders forum suggested using round spacers on the inside of the stitches to help align the panels. It works!


That's it for now. Back to work tomorrow! Boy, five weeks just flew by! :-(

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rick

    Just been catching up on your blog and build.

    Wow things have come on fast. Very impressed.

    Have you tried overriding the auto white balance on your camera. If you can try to find a setting that will reduce the blue of the shelter. Might not of course, but worth a try.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kev

    At least it vaguely resembles a boat now. Took a long time to get to this point.

    I don't have much control over exposure with my iPhone which is what I use most of the time. I'd like to get a better dedicated camera but I'm too busy spending all my fun money on boat stuff. You know what I mean eh?

    ReplyDelete