Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's been slow....

but I'm getting back into the boat building frame of mind. Lori and I have started to glue the bottom & side panels together. Yesterday's episode involved mixing up a big batch of epoxy & pecan flour for the glue. We mixed waaaaaaaaaaay too much! ;-) The remnants make for some funky epoxy art! ;-) (about $10 worth of materials *sigh*)


We couldn't get it on the boat quick enough before it kicked off. I could feel it getting really hot in my hand. Next time it'll be smaller batches. We learn as we go.

Today we hung the transom.


This afternoon will involve more glue to get these panels all locked into place. Standby....