Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Busy last few days

in the ole' boat shed. It's been warm too! You can tell when the shed gets that "starved pony" look!



The heat shrink plastic sags pretty good when it gets warm but I don't think it'll be a problem. It tightens right back up when the temps drop.

I had to flip one of the 32' side panels. I made myself a trapeze thingy to help spread the load and keep the panel as straight as possible during the flip. It worked OK, just have to fiddle with it a bit to find the CoG.



One of the jobs I knew I had to get out of the way before disassembling the long table was trimming the fiberglass that'll go on the sides of the boat. These side panels will be vertical once they're on the strongback and it'd be a bear to trim them like that.



This is really heavy stuff. Triaxial Vectorply at 32 oz/sq yd. Each side will take about 10 sq yds to cover it.

Last night was spent shifting parts around to make room for the long panels to stand up alongside the shed. It's getting tight in there. I wish I had more room. It would save handling these materials over and over again. I'll tough it out I guess! ;-)

The ventilation system is working well.

No comments:

Post a Comment