Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hotter 'n

It's so hot the dairy cows are only giving evaporated milk! ;-)

It's so hot I saw a funeral procession in the Dairy Queen drive through! ;-)

It's so hot I saw two fire hydrants fighting over a dog! ;-)

It's so hot my ice cream cone melted before anybody had a chance to mug me for it! ;-)

So I'm guessin' you're seein' a theme here eh? Yeah it's been hot. Well over 100 on the Queensway coming home on Thursday. Friday wasn't as bad but still warm. We haven't made much progress because of the heat but one job I wanted to get done was splice the main cabin roof panels together. We accomplished that Wednesday when it was only 95 degs in the shed.


I first had to goop the seams to fill some fairly large cracks. This meant mixing up some pecan flour and epoxy. Had to work extremely quickly to get it done before it kicked off in the cup. Just managed to get it on. Next was taping the joint and we (Lori - Professional Epoxy Mixologist) did it in about 5 mins. What a rush but it worked.

On a brighter note Ray and Carlos were here last night looking over the old boat to buy it. I hope they show up today with some cash in hand. That'll help expedite this lil' building project. Standby.....

No comments:

Post a Comment