Thursday, September 27, 2012

I'm not happy

with the results of the other day's epoxy session. I'm going to put boat building on hold for awhile. Hopefully by the spring my knee will be better and my mobility not as restricted. I'll also go looking for a helper who doesn't want $50/hr, retirement and medical benefits and a company car.

I'm making a lot of amateurish mistakes and that really bugs me because I know better but get in a rush to get through a job and end up wasting about $300-400 in materials.

So aside from a little sanding and filling that's all that's going to get done to the boat this year. Don't be disappointed. I'm not. I knew this was a big project and underestimated the amount of physical effort involved. Time to just step back a little and reassess the situation. It's not a race and we'll be back in the spring. Thanks for looking in.

Standby....

2 comments:

  1. Oh maaaaan. Well, just because you're not actually building the boat doesn't mean you can't blog about other things. Boat equipment you've purchased or are considering, design, stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel Rick. I've almost named my boat "re-do" for all of the things I've had to do two or three times. I just keep trying to move forward as I'm the only one I have to make happy. Turning my build into a list of 11,247 small jobs vs one big job and things seemed to mellow my mind a bit.

    Cheers

    Conall

    ReplyDelete