Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Fill/Fair, Fill/Fair, Fill/Fair

Are we starting to see a pattern here? I am! With each go-round of filling/fairing I'm seeing the defects getting smaller and fewer. (I hope). Spent the morning filling some low spots along the sides then took an extended lunch break while the fairing compound hardened enough to be able to sand. As in my previous post today I've figured out how to correct the 'Fish Eye' effect from the GoPro's wide angle lens. Here's a few more I fixed up this afternoon.

Uncorrected:
Corrected:
Uncorrected:
Corrected:
Uncorrected:
Corrected:

I hope that's better. I think they're much more true to what my eyes see now. I'll try to get better pics as we go. I know you're just sitting on the edge of your seats & tapping your keyboards waiting for the next sanding video too! :-)  Will be covering the roof of the shed in the next couple of weeks with clear greenhouse plastic so that'll also remove a lot of the blue tint to all the pics.

The Flexicat's are working well. I thought it was getting easier as my muscles got used to them but noooooooooooo I changed out the sand paper and ohhhhhhhhhhh right back to the pain! ;-)  My buddy Andrew is going to try to get down next week to do some sanding for me on the keel. That'll help spare my back & aching knees.

Standby.....