Sunday, May 18, 2014

Just a quick update

Been tardy at posting to the blog lately. Lots of little stuff getting in the way. I added another layer of fairing compound to the bow section the other day and sanded that this morning. After that I moved onto putting the first layer of compound on the keel.
I apologize for the crappy cell phone pic. I know you guys love the blue tint from the shed cover. That'll change soon. I've ordered enough clear greenhouse plastic to recover the top of the shed. That should brighten things up quite a bit. More on the project when it happens.

As for spreading compound on the keel I hate working on my knees. It's hard on the back. Ouch! Gotta tough trough it though. I'll get it done. The keel will be a 3 o4 4 step process to get fair. I haven't figured out how to do the inside and outside radius edges yet. For now I'm just gooping it on and sanding it off till it looks about right.

There's a real heavy weave texture to the keel and bottom. It's soaking up fairing compound like crazy! I can see at least 3 more gallons being required but that'll have to wait till the ole' pension check comes in in a week or so. :-(

That's all for now. Time for Robaxacet!