Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Weeskers in my Poo!

Yup, you read that right. I got weeskers in my poo! Winter before last we spent 12 days in Mexico and while walking along 5th Ave in Playa Del Carmen one of the local kids started calling me Senor Weeskers 'cause of the beard & stache I guess. :-) Anywho, it stuck.

So today was a day that started out sanding some fairing compound I threw on the port side the other day. After about 20 mins with the longboard my arms friggin' near fell off so I said 'the hell with that' and moved onto the stbd side to lay on some more poo. Biggest problem doing this, besides bugs landing in it, is my whiskers landing in it too! You pick 'em out and then you gotta go over the area again. *sigh*
All I've got to put this stuff on is Bondo spreaders. They do a pretty decent job I think. I had originally ordered a Flexicat tool for this purpose but changed the order and got more sandpaper instead. Hopefully that stuff will ship today or tomorrow. I'm getting a lil' frustrated as I need it NOW!

I got about 2/3 rds of the way down the hull before I ran out of gas.
This side of the boat is really fair (well I think so) or at least I tried to keep it that way so the poo going on here isn't that thick. It's hard to get consistent results on such a large area with the Bondo spreaders and you can over work the stuff making a mess. It'll be at least a two coat process to get it to the point where it's ready for primer.

I'll just keep plugging away at it till I get it in a condition where I think the high build epoxy primer will cover all my sins!  :-)

The Project Manager showed up again to deliver his marching orders then skroodled off to have a nibble of kibble and a mid-day siesta. Ah, what a life!

Stay tuned. More Sandinsanity & Poo coming your way soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment