Friday, August 2, 2013

Results are in and...........

it looks like my work yesterday turned out Ok!


There are a few spots where I could have squeegeed a bit more but they were hard to reach from the step ladder. As it was I managed to epoxy glue my t-shirt to my belly hairs! ;-) 

It looks like all of the weave has filled in nicely with only a very few dry spots near the end when I was running out of gas!


Extreme close up of the weave. Looks good. I'm happy with the results.


The downside is I spent half the night up in agony. I think the energy drinks were masking the fact I was pushing it a little too much. Major leg & shoulder pain enough to wake me up in the middle of the night. :-( 

It was cool last night and the epoxy is still a little soft so I won't sand it today. Likely tomorrow then prep the keel for it's last layer of structural fiberglass. Once the keel is done it'll be onto the sides. I'm hoping for as good or a better result on the sides. That's the part you'll see the most.

One small step closer to flipping this pig over! Standby.....