Saturday, August 31, 2013

They called, I answered

I started my usual boat work routine on Thursday morning and all went fine till I got a call from an old buddy back at work (Coast Guard). They're looking for someone to work on a special project and he was wondering if I was interested. A few probing questions and the work seemed well within my realm of  experience. I left it up to my buddy to broker the deal with the manager and I got a call from him yesterday with more details. So it looks like I'll be back to work on a 45 day contract to do some specialized work for this project Zalinski oil recovery project.

I had thought about going back to work over the last year since I retired but it was probably the farthest thing from my mind as I sanded my big blue whale (yet again). I've seen plenty of my retired colleagues do go back to work on contract (double dipping) and often thought I could use a small infusion of cash (got my eye on a Garmin 12 in MFD & Radar). So my boat building project might slow down a little bit as I juggle time between work and boat again, at least for the next couple of months. I still think it'll be ready to flip in the spring. Standby....

No comments:

Post a Comment