Saturday, July 18, 2015

Expensive lil' mistake

Way back when I thought I was smart I figured I would cut out the long sheets of glass for the bottom panels. This stuff is heavy. 33 oz/yd. I used it on the keel & outside bottom panels and thought it would be easy to measure & trim the long sheet for the inside at the same time.

Anyhow I roll it out today and WTF? Something ain't right!
Looking the other way. And yes I did flip it end for end and it's still not right.
No way I couldn't have been that far off when I trimmed this up then I found this........ *Sigh*
Doh! I had trimmed this piece against the port side panel and not the bottom panel! What a frikkin' idiot! What the hell was I thinking? I wasn't using this heavy stuff on the sides at all.

So here we are. I don't have enough of this stuff to do both bottom panels. Think I'll just roll it up and stick it away somewhere. Means I have to order, which I just did, 48 yds of 1708 to replace it. I already have the 12 oz I need. It's only a $450 mistake. *Sigh*

On a brighter note I did get the port side bottom panel all sanded nicely & vacuumed up.
Going to be a bit of a wait now. Likely be next Friday before I get the fiberglass order in. Dunno what I'll do till then. Sleep maybe!

Standby...




No comments:

Post a Comment