Wednesday, August 17, 2016

No Methodology

I really have no methodology on building this boat. I usually have no or very little idea what I'm going to do that day until I get in the boat.  I suppose that comes from never having done anything like this before.

This morning I decided to tackle one of the little jobs that I've been putting off for awhile. It's going to be at least a week or so before the lil' Yammy comes home so I tackled the sanding in the engine bay.
Engine bay getting sanded and maybe a little fairing before bilge paint
It's been a minute or two since I've done any sanding like this. Kinda forgot what it's like! There's something sadistically satisfying in making all that dust!
Sand On Dusty Fella's!  ;-)
So back to methodology. I suppose you can work from fore to aft. Port to starboard or vice versa. Depends on how disciplined you are. I'm all over the map. One day it's bulkheads I'm fixated on. The next it's the gluing and taping of stringers and today it was sanding. I dunno, maybe that's part of the fun of doing it yourself.

It's a lil' warm out there now so I'm calling it quits for the day. Tomorrow I'll finish glassing the stringers! Hey, I have a plan! ;-)

Standby....

No comments:

Post a Comment