Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Rearranging Inventory

Today I moved the engine out of the back of the shed into daylight! I can't remember exactly when I put it in there but it's been at least 5 years since it saw daylight.
Moving the engine out of the shed
It actually went better than I thought it would. Figured after 5 yrs sitting it would have glued itself to the floor of the shed.
Daylight!
Once I got it on wheels it was a lot easier to move. Next chore will be to get it loaded on a trailer and taken for service on Monday. Partial list of tasks to be done:

R&R Thermostat
Change oil & filter
Change gearbox fluid
Change antifreeze
R&R raw water impeller
R&R alternator belt
R&R alternator
R&R mixing elbow
Change fuel filter
Change air filter

I'm also going to see if they know how to plumb up the hoses for my Reverso oil changer thingy. Maybe a pressure wash/degrease and a lil' paint to spruce it up. Once I get it home I'll shrink wrap it and (if the boat building gawds approve) lift it into the boat and sit it on the engine beds!

Standby.....