Sunday, June 1, 2014

Movin' on up

to the top of the boat!

So being pretty much done with the sides & transom till I get the 3M dry guide coat I ordered I moved on up on top (actually the bottom) to start sanding the poo I laid on there a week or so ago. It seems a whole lot harder having cured for that long! Yikes!

The keel & bottom panels won't get near the treatment the sides & tansom got as virtually no one, other than Lori when she dives down to scrape the barnacles off, will ever see it!  :-)
The idea here is to knock down the shiny stuff and feather out the fabric edges in prep for another layer of poo along the keel and bottom panels.
Like I said before it's tough going on this stuff. I broke out the belt sander and it chews it up real good! Too good I think. I've got a 40 grit belt on there now so I think I'll get an 80 or 100 grit belt to see how that does. "The proper tool for the proper job" Scottie used to say!

It was 80 degs in the lower part of the shed and 95 degs on top of the boat. This took the starch outta my shorts in about 3/4's of an hour and I had to call it a day. I'll get right back on it tomorrow morning while it's still cool.

Update:  Video clip o' the day!


Standby, more to come.







No comments:

Post a Comment