Friday, August 29, 2014

Last iteration of my Friggin' Riggin'

I hope this is the last iteration of my Friggin' with the Riggin'! :-)
With the help of my 'Guardian Angel' friend out there on the Interwebs I was able to better understand exactly what all this hardware will do when I lift and turn the hull over. What I failed to recognize was the cable hook & pulley block will swing up and outwards away from the pole as the boat comes up and turns over.
So as they do that the hook especially needs to be able to freely rotate without getting bound up underneath the shackle on the u-bolt. It's almost over simplistic in its application in this case.

I've said it before that I don't think I would have ever tackled this project without the aid of the Internet. The web forums & blogs out there are a veritable treasure trove of knowledge just waiting to be mined. The time and effort those authors have spent in documenting their projects are what makes this all possible. I hope someone someday will look through this blog and see what has worked and what didn't and maybe avoid some costly mistakes. The single most important point of the whole thing is that the job gets done 'Safely'!

Cheers.....

No comments:

Post a Comment